Singapore Wine Vault is pleased to be an official academy location for WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Education with our partner AB Wine Academy. Our business is not just about wine storage, but it’s about the wine lifestyle, which encompasses education. We are passionate in sharing our knowledge and appreciation of fine wines with other like-minded individuals.AB Wine Academy is the pioneer Approved Programme Provider (APP) in Singapore to conduct WSET courses in Chinese in addition to English, making wine education accessible to Mandarin speakers as well.
Our Wine & Event Specialist, Mr Bernard Mak, is a WSET Level 3 certification holder and WSET educator. With his wealth of experience in the hospitality and service industry, he is enthusiastic about sharing his love for wines with fellow peers and students in this course. He will teach the English modules for the course. Stay tune on this page for updates.
Saturday, 17 November 2018, 8 hour programme from 9 am to 5.45 pm (including 45 minutes examination)
WSET Level 2 (in Chinese): Saturday and Sunday, 20 to 21 October 2018, 16 hour programme from 9 am to 6 pm for 2 days (examination on 15 Dec 2018; 10 to 11 am)
WSET Level 2 (in English): Saturday and Sunday, 8 and 9 December 2018, 16 hour programme from 9 am to 6 pm for 2 days (examination on Saturday, 19 January 2019; 10 to 11 am)
All courses includes a 1 hour lunch break, with lunch provided.
Details on Courses
Saturday, 17 November 2018
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (conducted in English)
Suitable for wine enthusiasts
- Instructor: Mr Bernard Mak
- Course fee: S$380 (incl. 7% GST) (Including registration fee, teaching material fee, training fee, teaching alcohol, examination fee, certificate fee)
- Study material: English
- Exam language: English
- Teaching language: English
- Teaching wines: 10 models of world-class wines selected by AB Wine Academy’s senior education team
- Course content: Basic knowledge of wine, tasting techniques, wine tasting samples
- Exam format: 30 single-choice questions, completed in 45 minutes, 70% accuracy is passed, obtained by the British headquarters issued by the WSET junior certificate and badge.
- Course duration: 8-hour programme (9 am to 5 pm), followed by same day 45 minute exam (5 to 5.45 pm)
Chinese class: Saturday and Sunday, 20 to 21 October 2018 (9 am to 6 pm, 2 days), Examination on Saturday, 15 December 2018, 10 to 11 am
English class: Saturday and Sunday, 8 to 9 December 2018 (9 am to 6 pm, 2 days), Examination on Saturday, 19 January 2018, 10 to 11 am
WSET Level 2 Award in Wine & Spirits
Intermediate level qualification on wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine & spirit enthusiasts
- Course fee: S$1160 for Chinese, S$1120 for English (inclu. 7% GST, include registration, study materials, tuition fees, wine samples for tasting, examination, certificate fee )
- Study material: English (Chinese for Chinese class)
- Exam language: English (Chinese for Chinese class)
- Teaching language: English (Chinese for Chinese class)
- Teaching wines: 35 wines selected by AB Wine Academy team
- Course content: Factors affecting wine style, quality and price. Characteristics of the key wine regions and grape variety. Wine making techniques. Label terminology. Tasting method. Food and wine pairing. Production and styles of sparkling, sweet, fortified wines and spirits.
- Exam format: 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. A minimum of 55% pass is required to attain certification. A certificate and a lapel pin from Wine & Spirit Education Trust will be awarded.
- Course duration: 16 hours (2 days), 1 hour examination on later scheduled date.